My family loves when I make breakfast on the weekends. The most requested item (besides bacon, of course) is my homemade Biscuits and Gravy. I learned this recipe from my mom and it is always a hit. I actually hate going out and ordering an order of biscuits and gravy and it tastes powdery and out of a can. This is really easy to make and doesn’t take hardly any time at all. In the time it takes to brown your biscuits, the gravy will be done! Here is my recipe:
- Sausage – use sausage in a roll that you can break into pieces
- Seasonings to taste (for example, garlic, pepper, etc)
- Roll of biscuits
- Place biscuits on a cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Bake according to package directions.
- Heat skillet on medium and put sausage in pan. Break apart as you brown the meat. I like to get the meat broken down as small as possible. Ensure meat if fully cooked.
- Sprinkle with flour. I ensure it is fully covered with the flour then mix to cover completely. Continue heating.
- Pour in a little milk. I pour a little at a time, mix, let heat and then add more as needed. I never actually measure, I just pour in about a cup and then add more as needed.
- As you heat it, the milk with thicken into the gravy. Add seasonings to taste. I normally don’t need much because the sausage is already so flavorful. Normally a small pinch of garlic powder will do it.
- When biscuits are done, remove from oven and top with your sausage gravy. Enjoy!