Video games that get me dancing are my absolute favorite. I could play them all day, every day. Okay, maybe not all day because they wear me out. Dancing games get your heart pumping and you don’t even realize how much of a work out you are really getting. When I was asked to review Zumba Fitness Rush for Xbox Kinect, how could I say no? Here are my thoughts on it:
I have a lot of friends that do Zumba here locally. I don’t have the time to go to an actual class, but always thought it looked fun. I popped in the game as soon as it arrived. The music is so upbeat and fun. You can’t help but move to it! Now, I must admit, the dance moves are harder than any of the dance games I have tried before. I HIGHLY recommend doing the break down of moves prior to starting the game. It really does help.
Know the best part?
You are in the comforts of your own home, so if you look crazy trying to keep up…it doesn’t matter! No one can see you. Just keep your curtains closed! ;)
I started out by doing a few of the single songs and that was all I could handle. My heart was pumping and my abs were hurting. That is a good thing though! I hate doing crunches to help flatten my tummy, but these dance moves do the work without the pain of crunches. When I think about it, I was in the best shape of my life when I used to go out dancing.
I have been doing the Zumba Fitness Rush game every day for over a week now. While I am sore at the end of a full class, I want to do more! It is so much fun. As I continue to do the dance moves, they get easier and easier. I think I’m ready to go out Salsa dancing! See that picture above? I’m a Zumba LEGEND! LOL! What is also neat is that it shows you how many calories you have burned.
Features of Zumba Fitness Rush:
- Featuring 50% more content than Zumba® Fitness 2 on Wii: more routines, more venues and more instructors, plus voice control, online connectivity and post launch DLC support
- Get a total body workout with 42 electrifying new routines and music tracks (10 exclusive to Kinect), now featuring hits from today’s hottest artists including Pitbull, Nicole Scherzinger and Yolanda Be Cool & DCUP, along with contagious Zumba originals that let you lose yourself to the music.
- Learn 24 different dance styles as you play (more than twice the number featured in the original Zumba® Fitness game). From fan favorites like Merengue, Salsa and Cumbia to new additions that include Axe, Bollywood, Ragga, Bachata, Latin Pop, Quebradita, Batucada, Pasodoble and more, Rush lets you experience a broad range of cultural rhythms from around the world.
- Dance naturally hands-free with Kinect technology that enables full body motion tracking for an unencumbered interactive workout.
- Two player support lets you party together with friends and family members in cooperative play.
- Voice control for menu navigation gets you dancing even faster.
- Feel the rush with three different game modes you can play solo or with a friend.
- You can now create your own custom workouts by saving a playlist of your favorite music and choreography.
- Learn the Steps: Revamped tutorial mode lets you learn at your own pace by breaking down the four core dance styles into the basics. Slow down or speed up each module as you receive focused per limb feedback that helps you master each move and build confidence.
- Follow along as 6 superstar Zumba® instructors (3 exclusive to Kinect) guide you through each routine: Beto, Tanya Beardsley, Gina Grant, Kass Martin, Jason Thompson and Erica Pierce. New 3D avatars of each instructor make playing the game feel like taking a live class with Zumba® Fitness’ elite!
- Get your party on in 10 dynamic environments–Miami Yacht, LA Nightclub, Rooftop, VIP Pool Party and Music Video Set–plus 5 Kinect exclusive venues: Bollywood, Rio Carnival, Scandinavian Ice Hotel, New York City Street and Las Vegas.
- Mirror your instructor’s moves accurately and trigger a Euphoria state with special effects, dynamic cameras and more dancers to grow your party.
- New video cueing system makes the choreography easier to follow for new players.
- New Progress Tracker tallies every workout statistic, including calories burned, achievements earned, overall rank and technique score.
- Accessible gameplay features Low, Medium and High Intensity routines tiered for all skill levels plus a full Tutorial mode.
- Earn achievements and unlock exclusive behind-the-scenes videos as you play.
- In game class locator lets you find an instructor near you so you can try a live Zumba® class and become part of the community.
You can find Zumba Fitness Rush at retailers nationwide!