I’m going to be honest, I hadn’t heard of LUSH before, but after asking around to a lot of my friends found it was incredibly popular. I got REALLY excited to get a tour of the new shop and find out what Lush is really all about! In doing some research, I found that their products are natural and don’t contain all of the preservatives and things that are bad for you. That sounds all fine and dandy, but do they really work!?!? O M G their products working amazingly well! Before heading to the new ABQ Uptown LUSH shop, I received a package with:
- Dirty Springwash Shower Gel – smells minty and delish!
- Honey I Wash The Kids – amazing honey soap
- New! Shampoo Bar – yep a shampoo that looks like a soap..smells like yummy cinnamon
- Lust Gorilla Perfume – a mixture that smells of jasmine.
- Ocean Salt sea salt scrubber – gritty and awesome for cleaning your face
When I opened the box it smelled AMAZING! I was in love. I had to ask how to use the shampoo bar and found that if I wet my hair then run the bar down the length of my hair several times I have bubbles upon bubbles. I would have to say that I looooove the shampoo bar and find it much easier to use than traditional shampoos. My husband LOVES it as well. It worked really good to help cut down on the oily hair he normally has, but it was simple to run across his head. The Ocean Salt was surprisingly gritty but gentle on my face. I could tell a difference right away after using it.
After trying the products, I couldn’t wait to check out the store! So I headed over there last Friday to see what it was all about. I was surprised at how full the store was being the middle of the day during the week. There were people there the entire time I was there…for a full 2 hours. When I saw so many people there, I knew everyone already knew how awesome their products here.
The store manager, Laura gave me a full tour of the store. There is so much to look at!
In the middle of the store are these kitchen tables that I just LOVE! You can sit down with someone and talk about what you are looking for as far as skin/hair/whatever and they will help you to find a good product to fit your needs. It is very casual and comfortable. I love that they will let you try whatever they think will work for you before you buy it.
These are all bubble bars. So many different smells and colors. I couldn’t pick a favorite! You just crumble these into your running water and they make the softest bubbles you’ve ever felt. Laura even made some bubbles for me:
Laura crumbled the bar into the water then began to pour the water from one pitcher to the other the bubbles started to form. They were so soft and fragrant. I think my jaw dropped when I saw how many bubbles there were and when I felt them it was amazing. They felt like they were made of silk.
Here are the hair products. I was really intrigued by the Henna. I had no idea you could dye your hair with Henna! I thought it was just for tattoos..lol! What blew my mind was the Henna is green but it dyes your hair red! How does it do that?!?!?
This is a bath bombs demonstration. It was so awesome seeing how much fizz one little bomb can create! The one in this picture is Sex Bomb, which smells awesome and when it’s done fizzing, there is a flower that floats in the water! How cool is that?!? Nearly all the bombs have something hidden in the middle, which I think is SO cool!
This is the gift wall…and I want one of EVERYTHING! These are premade and easy for giving to friends and family. Who wouldn’t want one of these?!?!?!
Here is what I REALLY want! I already put in a request to my husband! It is the Lush Legends gift box and it is FILLED with so much! I need one of these boxes! :)
Here is where I got to try some different soaps. I really loved it. I tried two different soaps, one on each arm. What amazed me, was it felt like I had put moisturizer on my arms although it was just soap! The other thing that was really cool was the skin conditioner. You put it on in the shower and it conditions you skin, just like you’d condition your hair. Makes sense to me!
Here are a few of the bath bombs. These were so cool! My favorite smell was Dragon’s Egg! Fell.in.love!
You can pick up a few items to give as a gift and then have it gift wrapped…..in a gorgeous scarf! There was a variety of scarves to choose from and what’s even cooler?!? They are made out of recycled plastic bottles! SO cool!
This is the coolest product I found in Lush! It is called The Charity Pot and it is a lotion made with almond oil. When you buy this tub, 100% of the sale goes to a charity, which is listed on the label of the tub. Now I don’t mean they take what is costs to make the product and donate the profits, they donate the entire sale to the charity! How cool is that?!?
This something cool I got to try out called Emotional Brilliance. I was asked to clear my mind and then look at the wheel and pick the first 3 colors that stood out to me. Laura picked up those colored disks and showed me that under each was an emotion or characteristic that related to me and where I am in my life right now. It was pretty cool! So this showed me that I feel secure with where I am in life, I am very passionate and I am in charge. Sounds about perfect! Each of these relates to a color of makeup that they offer. The makeup is amazing. It can be as dark or as light as you’d like and the colors are vibrant.
These are some of the soaps that Lush offers. See how each of them is a different shape? There is a story behind that, but basically, when the company started years ago, they made soap and had to use whatever was available for molds..so planters, etc. Each of these soaps comes in a different shape and when you decide which soap you want to buy, you can get as much or as little as you’d like!
Angels on Bare Skin is a facial cleanser that I looooove! It smells like lavender and is just amazing! I learned that lavender oil is antibacterial and soothing..so it helps with breakouts and redness.
I thought this was so cool! These are the fresh masks. Okay, you aren’t actually going to buy them out of these, there are tubs in a fridge under this…but this is so you can see what is in them and smell them! It looks like a desert bar to me!
Okay, so that is my complete tour of the store! I fell in LOVE with it all! I was given some samples to take home…so I’m going to tell you about what I got to try and my thoughts on each:
- Dream Cream – My son has BAD eczema, so Laura gave me some of this to try. We applied it ONCE and his legs feel soft and smooth, no more bumps or alligator skin! Woah!
- Angels on Bare Skin – This is the most amazing cleanser ever! It only takes a pinch and my skin feels amazing! I quit using foundation after cleansing my skin with this! Holy moly!
- Vanishing Cream – An awesome moisturizer that is light but works really well. Doesn’t weigh my skin down and feel heavy in any way.
- Curly Wurly – An awesome shampoo for my unruly hair. Just takes a fraction of what I normally use and it’s all clean!
- Retread – Awesome conditioner with avocado oil! Leaves my hair shiny and soft!
- R&B – this leave in conditioner is a MUST! It smells amazing and leaves my hair looking better and really shiny!
- Sexy Peel – This soap smells like a lemonhead! You can see the peel in the soap. When I’m done in the shower I don’t even have to put on lotion, my skin just feels hydrated!
- The Rocketeer – Bath bomb that looks like a rocket. Laura sent this for my daughter, but she hasn’t been able to try it just yet. It shoots across the bathtub as it fizzes…..my husband is totally trying to steal it!
- Dragon’s Egg – the smell is amazing. I haven’t had a chance to take a bath yet, but can not wait!
- The Comforter – This bubble bar smells amazing! I can’t wait to get a few free moments to myself to take a nice bath!
If you are in the Albuquerque area, visit LUSH at 2240 Q Street NE in ABQ Uptown or find a store near you if you aren’t in the area!