There has been a lot of heated debate lately in the blogosphere about being a bad mom due to decisions others have made about their children and circumcisions, vaccinations, etc etc etc. I thought I’d talk about why I’m a bad mom…..no one is perfect and your decisions about you children will never please anyone else.
Here is why I am a bad mom and my kids will be totally screwed up:
- I vaccinate all of my kids on a regular schedule
- I used disposable diapers on all but one of my children
- I have two boys that are both circumcised
- I tell my kids I love them every night before bed and as they are leaving
- I let my kids play on the computer
- I didn’t breastfeed any of my kids, but tried pumping for a few weeks with each
- I always make the kids eat dinner together as a family
- I chalked my 9-year-old daughters hair with blue highlights for her school picture
- My kids all know the words to music from the late 80s and 90s.
- I taught my kids how to do the Shuffle aka Running Man
- I let my kids drink soda with dinner
- I forget to have my kids floss their teeth before bed
- I worked outside of the home until my middle child was about 3 years old
- I yell when I get upset
- My 8 year old son had a faux-hawk for a year
- Sometimes I will take the kids out to eat because I don’t feel like cooking
- I have made gifts for my children (like Pokemon printed sheets for their bed) when I couldn’t find them in stores
- I let my kids cry themselves to sleep as babies
- I hate folding laundry and although it is all washed, there is often a pile of clean clothes on a chair somewhere
- My oldest two take medication on a daily basis for behavior disorders they each have
- When my kids were little I let them wear costumes year-round in public, my daughter was normally a princess and my youngest would be Spiderman, Batman or Woody
- I still have my 6-year-old in a 5-point-harness Britax car seat because he seems so little I want him to be safe
- I use special detergent to wash all the clothes because my oldest has bad eczema if I use the good smelling stuff
- I’ve skipped going to the doctor because I’d rather spend the money on things for my kids than my copay
- I go to all school functions, lunches, breakfasts and give the kids a hug, even if it embarrasses them
- I will lick my finger to clean a smudge on my kids face
- When I buy apples at the store, also buy a container of caramel dip to with it
Don’t Judge Me!
My kids are happy and healthy. We all make our own decisions on how to raise our kids. I don’t need to defend my parenting. My kids are well taken care of. I don’t care if you think I’m a crappy mom!
What makes you a crappy mom? Please share in the comments!