If you remember last year, I created a fun Christmas Advent Calendar using foam board, letting the kids open a cup each day to reveal their surprises. This year I wanted to make something that would be really cute to have on display, but still allow my kids the excitement of getting a little surprise each day. That is why I created the Christmas Tree Advent Calendar above. It is super easy, even the kids can help!
Scrapbook Paper (You can use plain colors or various prints, as I did)
Sharpie (I used Silver because I think the metallic looks awesome)
24 Small gifts or pieces of candy
Optional: 1 inch + hole punch, if not you will need to cut little circles by hand
- Using your template, cut 24 pieces. You can cut them different sizes and patterns, if you’d like.
- Using your glue stick, put a line of glue down one edge of your paper.
- Bring the paper together to form a cone, holding a few seconds until the glue holds.
- Using your hole punch (if you have one) cut 24 circles to put your numbers on your “trees”.
- Number each circle 1 through 24 using your Sharpie.
- Glue a circle onto each “tree”. I made use to vary the patterns and sizes each day.
- Display your “trees”, placing a small toy or piece of candy under each one. If you want to go above and beyond, you can wrap each toy/candy with tissue paper for your child to unwrap.
- Each day, beginning December 1, allow your child to find the correct day and lift the tree to see what surprise they get!