The all the talk of Hostess closing down, Twinkies have been on my mind. All of the stores are sold out and that leaves me stuck without my fix of sweet goodness. I had to change that, so off to the scour the store I went!
I found a display with new flavored vodkas…….and they had Fluffy Marshmallow flavor. While I didn’t know how it would exactly taste, I knew it sounded interesting..so I had to get it. I turned to my good friend from Midwestern Moms and asked what I should do with it.
Ha! Of course, but I wanted to do more…so she gave me the idea of a Twinkie-Inspired cupcake, complete with marshmallow vodka ganache. Yes! Let’s do this! They turned out amazing…here is my recipe:
Yellow Cake Mix and ingredients to complete (eggs, oil, water)
3 Tbs Fluffy Marshmallow Vodka
8oz White Chocolate Chips
2/3 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
2 Tbs Butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with liners.
- Make cake mix according to directions. Fill cupcake liners. Bake at 350 until cooked through. Allow to cool.
- While your cupcakes are cooling, create your ganache. In a medium sauce pan, heat your whipping cream over medium until boiling. You will know it is ready when your cream begins to bubble up, as if you boil over.
- Turn heat to low and mix in chocolate chips. Stir until fully melted. Watch this carefully, it can burn or stick to the bottom very easily!
- When your chocolate is fully melted, remove from heat and stir in butter and 2 Tbs Fluffy Marshmallow Vodka. Mix well and refrigerate. Every 30 minutes or so you want to stir and check the consistency. Don’t be alarmed if your Vodka separates from the mixture! Just stir and place back in the fridge to cool until you get a frosting-like consistency.
- After your cupcakes are fully cool and your ganache is the right consistency, you want to create a hole in the center. I used an apple core tool I was given. If you don’t have the actual tool or an apple corer, you can use a frosting tip or the likes. This will create the hole to put your ganache.
- Pipe the ganache into your centers. You can use a ziploc bag with the corner snipped off if need be.
- To frost your cupcake, mix 1 Tbs of Fluffy Marshmallow Vodka into the frosting. Do not overmix or it will become runny. Frost cupcakes and enjoy!