Last month I was lucky enough to attend a webinar with Robert Verdi and Katie Lee on behalf of P&G. They were there to help share of other most valuable tips to help all of us make the holidays easier. I learned SO much during that hour….and so many different things that will help save time, energy, money and sanity during these busy holidays!
Robert Verdi gave us so many amazing tips for fashion and beauty this season. Here are some of my favorites:
- Use Crest 3D White Strips for a bright smile in all those pictures that will be taken.
- You want bold lip color, try COVERGIRL Blastflipstick colors.
- For amazing lashes try the COVERGIRL Last Blast 24 hour mascara. It will last all day without worries.
- Carry Glide Floss Picks with you! You never know when you’re going to need to clean your teeth after food!
- Never walk into a party with a big bag, get a cute little clutch!
- Always wear waterproof mascara! You don’t want black under your eyes!
- The best colors for pictures this season are deep purples, turquoise to peacock blue and red!
- The must-have clothing this season are: Pencil skirt, Little black dress, Sweater set, Fitted tuxedo jacket and Lingerie (he says it makes you feel good under all of your clothing).
- Keep your shine under control with blotters for oily skin, clarifying lotion or toner and powder-based make up.
- Keeping your curls bouncy and frizz-free is all about conditioning. Try Aussie 3 minute miracle.
- Skinny jeans don’t work for everyone. They look best on petite and tall, although your other elements can make or break your jeans.
Katie Lee had some really great tips to help around the home while you are hosting parties and guests over the holiday season. Here are some of my favorites:
- When you’re cleaning, using products that make life easier. Swiffer Wet Jet makes things easy and has a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser built in. Swiffer 360 Dusters are magnetic and work good for cleaning those hard to reach places.
- Keep your bathroom and bedrooms well stocked.
- Create guest baskets for visitors that include things they might forget, like deodorant, toothbrush, floss, bandaids, razors, Puffs. etc.
- Use Tide Pods for keeping linens clean and fresh. They are easy and mess-free!
- For a fresh holiday scent, try Febreeze Cranberries and Frost candles and spray.
- So your guests get a good smell as soon as they walk in, spray down your door mat with Febreeze!
- If you have dishes that need to soak, try Dawn Power Clean. You can soak them for 5 minutes and get the same results as soaking overnight.
- If you are throwing a big party, but don’t want to break the bank, try buying meat that isn’t pricey. Get a chuck roast instead of filet and dress it up!
- When guests are over, paper plates are not as special. They are okay for lunch, but never for dinner!
- Remember it is okay to ask guests to bring something. This cuts down on your work.
- Make sure to have at least one dish that can be used as a main dish for vegetarian or vegan, or a side for meat eaters. Beans or lentils work well for this.
- Making lists and planning is the only way to stay stress free this season.
- Any foods that will allow, make them ahead and freeze them.
- Streamline your cleaning process! Clean as you go!!
- For easy decorations, fill bowls with ornaments or fruits/veggies.
- When guests arrive be sure to greet and say hello so your guests feel welcome.
- If there is someone that is new/shy during the party, give them an ice breaker job like handing out horderves or drinks.
- For pretty drinks, freeze slices of fruit to put into each glass!
That is a lot of amazing tips. I was lucky enough to try out the new Tide Pods. I’ve seen them in stores and on commercials, but didn’t really realize just how amazing they are. I learned a LOT about them last week when I visited P&G, but when I actually tried them, I learned how much time and energy they are saving me!
Each Tide Pod is designed to be exactly enough detergent to wash your load of laundry, in regular or HE washers! It is so simple to not worry about spilling (cleaning up spills) and measuring the right amount….plus they look pretty on the shelf in a vase or something. I’ve been using mine for about a week now and couldn’t imagine using anything else. They are easy to just throw in (make sure your hands are 100% dry to you will melt the wrapper) and your clothes come out so clean.
I was also sent the Tide To Go pen. I have used this for a long time and love it. Not only does the pen work well to clean up a stain you get on your shirt, but you can use it to clean up your furniture if someone splashes something onto the seat or whatever. It works on so many things and is easy to throw in your purse or keep in the drawer for a quick clean up.
Wanna try some amazing P&G Products for yourself?
One lucky Thrifty Ninja reader will win a prize pack from P&G. You will be sent either a home or beauty package (will be decided by P&G). Simply fill out the Rafflecopter below for your chance to win!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: This is part of a sponsored campaign with P&G and Latina Mom Bloggers. However, all opinions expressed are my own.