Eye shadow is one of my obsessions. I love color, I love shimmer and glitter and all of it. I have to be perfectly honest and tell you that prior to a few days ago I had never tried Urban Decay make up at all……then I found out they made specialty palettes for Oz The Great and Powerful movie. There are two different palettes, Glinda and Theodora to give different looks.
I was lucky enough to try both of them! I thought for sure I’d be a Theodora, but I was surprised that I really like both equally! They shadows just glide on easily and smoothly. The eye liner actually stays on! If you’ve been following my site for a while, you will know I have been on a search for eye liner that stays on all day….and this one does!!! I am really excited about that!
Here are each of the palettes, check out the differences below!
The Glinda Palette is full of soft, girly colors. It gives a much more natural look, with just a hint of glam mixed in. The lip color is a light color, which didn’t really show on me. It is basically the exact color of my lips. I was nervous about the purples and trying a purple eye pencil, but it worked out really well.
Included in the Glinda Palette:
- Torando Eyeshadow, vibrant deep purple shimmer
- Aura Eyeshadow, 2 shades in 1: iridescent white w/blue shift and iridescent white w/red shift
- Magic Eyeshadow, pinkish purple w/golden shimmer
- Illusion Eyeshadow, pale peach satin
- Oz Eyeshadow, 2 shades in 1: gold shimmer w/gold glitter and silver shimmer w/silver glitter
- South Eyeshadow, warm pale gray shimmer w/silver micro-glitter
- Eye Pencil, deep eggplant
- Lip Color, Glinda, light sheer beige
The Theodora Palette is rich, dark colors that really stand out. I knew these would be good colors for me because I normally wear darker colors like these. I love the way the colors blend and how easily they all work together. The black eye pencil is amazing. As I said above, it stayed on all day for me. This is the first time I’ve had an eye liner do that! I think the lip pencil was a little bright for me, although I kinda dig it. It really stands out.
Included in the Theodora Palette:
- Broken Eyeshadow, pale cream satin
- Beware Eyeshadow, warm brown matte
- Bewitch Eyeshadow, dark charcoal brown satin
- West Eyeshadow, deep metallic brown
- Spell Eyeshadow, 2 shades in 1: black satin w/green and gold shimmer and gold metallic w/tonal glitter
- Jealous Eyeshadow, 2 shades in 1: pale green pearl and dark green pearl
- Eye Pencil, black
- Lip Color, Theodora, bright red cream
So there they are. Each palette comes with a handy little card that shows you where to put each color to make your eyes look amazing. That is SO helpful because sometimes looking at so many different colors you just have no idea where to start. A step-by-step is SO helpful!
Where to buy:
You can pick up your palettes at the Urban Decay website or at select retailers nationwide for $49 each.
So which do you think looks better? Which should I wear on the red carpet for the premier?