The weather is getting warmer and I’m ready to start wearing my hair up and away from my face. I had seen these cute buns all over the place and really loved the, but wasn’t sure how they were being done. A friend of mine from Fit Latina was talking about how great the Sock Bun is. I finally knew what it was called, so I started to research. I found out it was SO easy to do. It is my new go-to hair style! From the picture above you can tell it also works great on my daughter!
I created an easy to follow video to show you step-by-step how to get this hairstyle.
If it’s easier to read instructions, here goes:
- Start with second-day hair. It works better if you hair isn’t completely clean and slick. If it is, add some hairspray or something.
- Put your hair in a high pony tail.
- Take a sock and cut off the closed toe portion. Roll up the sock so it forms a donut shape.
- Pull your hair through the donut shape and tuck the ends of your hair around the sock.
- Roll your sock, tucking your hair as you go. Keep going until you reach the top of your pony.
- If your hair is like mine you don’t need to do anything else. If your hair is a little slicker, you may need to put in a bobby pin or two.