One thing that is always true when it comes to novelas (soap operas) is that the women’s make up is always flawless. Mary Kay is the official sponsor of the Univision.com novela, Arranque de Pasión. They have provided me with the makeup necessary to recreate the look of Ela (Kate Del Castillo). Ela believes that you should always look good and be ready to win in life and love. This character look is definitely a winner! It is so much me. Highlights your features well, but gives a natural look.
Here’s how I created the look:
- Used Mary Kay® Cream Eye Color in Beach Blonde across my eye lid.
- Put Mary Kay® Mineral Eye Color in Hazelnut in the crease of my eye.
- Blended the Mary Kay® Mineral Eye Color in Cinnabar in the outer corners of eyes.
- Lined top and bottoms of eye lids with Mary Kay® Mineral Eye Color in Coal, slightly smudging on the bottom.
- Went over my brows with the Hazelnut color used on the crease of eyes.
- To keep brows in place, I used the Mary Kay® Brow Gel.
- Coated lashes twice with Mary Kay® Lash Love™ Waterproof Mascara in I ©Black.
- For cheeks I brushed on the Mary Kay® Mineral Cheek Color in Strawberry Cream.
- The lips are what really stand out in this look. I first lined them with Mary Kay® Lip Liner in Spiced Tea.
- To finish the look I used Mary Kay® NouriShine Plus® Lip Gloss inCafé Au Lait.
In addition to the colors, I used:
I have loved Mary Kay for many years, but hadn’t used it in quite some time. As soon as the brush hit my eye lids, I remembered why I loved it so much. The shadows go on smooth and give the perfect amount of coverage.
Want this look or interested in other Mary Kay products?
Contact your Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant or connect with one on Marykay.com!
Starring and directed by Mexican actress, Kate del Castillo, this Spanish language novela will portray Ela (Kate Del Castillo) as a talented NASCAR race driver who has been playing second fiddle to her long-time boyfriend, Jordi (Christian Meier), who races on the
same team. During their relationship, Jordi, a machista, has made it very clear that it’s Ela’s job to cover him, so that he can take all the glory and win all the races for himself. The dynamics change as Ela comes into her own and her friendship with Jordi’s brother, Checo (Carlos Ponce) blossoms. Riddled with love triangles and plot twists, Ela struggles through the challenges of ambition, career, loyalty and love. Will Ela be at the finish line alone or will true love be her reward?
Be sure to tune into “Arranque de Pasión, La Historia de Ela”, showing 4/1/13 – 5/3/13 in 5 minute episodes released on Univision.com & UVideos every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. The novela tentatively scheduled to air in its entirety on Sunday, 5/5 @ 10pm EST on Univision!
You can enter to win the Mary Kay makeup necessary to create this look (listed above)! Simply complete the Rafflecopter below for your chance to win!
Disclosure: This post is compensated and in collaboration with Latina Bloggers Connect and Mary Kay. All opinions expressed are 100% my own.