In Latino communities across the globe, when a girl turns 15 it is celebrated with a quinceañera (often referred to as a Quince) or a “coming of age” party. Girls are dressed in gorgeous dresses that are like mini-wedding dresses and are accompanied by her court of fourteen (7 boys and 7 girls) friends and/or family. This is a huge party and can often cost as much as a wedding. For
some most families this can be a huge burden for the family to afford.
Verizon is hosting My Fabulous Quince, an essay contest that will reward one young lady with the Quince of her dreams. My answering questions a deserving teen will get to party it up. Here are some of the questions they will be answering, in 100-500 words:
- What does a Quince mean to you?
- What are you planning to accomplish after high school?
- How would you use technology to make your Quince dreams come true?
A part of their winning My Fabulous Quince, she will get super-star treatment, and meet some jaw-dropping celebrities! The Winner will receive:
- A trip to Los Angeles to have Jennifer Lopez guide your Quince style
- A private performance by 3BALLMTY at your Quince party
- A $5,000 college scholarship
- Four (4) BlackBerry® Z10 smartphones
- Four (4) $250 Verizon Wireless gift cards
There is only one Grand Prize winner, but the runner up will receive a First Place prize package that includes:
- A $2,500 scholarship
- One (1) BlackBerry® Z10 smartphone
- One (1) $250 Verizon Wireless gift card
I was lucky enough to interview the guys from 3BALLMTY this past week. They are super sweet and although we had a language barrier, we had a great time and some laughs. You can check out that interview later today!
If you or someone you know would like to win My Fabulous Quince, visit www.MyFabulousQuince.com!