It’s summer time and hotter than ever here in New Mexico. I’m doing everything I can to keep us cooled down and from over-heating in this 100 degree weather. My favorite paleta or popsicle is coconut. I love all things coconut. Mounds and Almond Joy candy bars are some of my favorites…so I had to figure out how to combine that flavor with my favorite popsicle.
Check out my recipe:
- 1 1/2 cup Coconut Water
- 1/2 cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 cups Coconut Flakes + extra
- pinch of Cinnamon
- pinch of Nutmeg
- Chocolate Magic Shell
- Popsicle mold or small plastic cups with popsicle sticks (these can be found in the craft section of most stores)
- Combine Coconut Water, Sweetened Condensed Milk, Milk, Coconut, Cinnamon and Nutmeg in a blender until well mixed, but not smooth. You want it to be a little chunky from the coconut flakes.
- If using a popsicle mold: pour and freeze several hours until fully frozen, about 4 hours.
- If using plastic cups: pour and freeze until not fully solid, about 1-2 hours. Place sticks in center of each pop and return to freezer to fully freeze, about 4 hours total.
- Remove popsicles from mold or cups (if needed, run under warm water to loosen). Dip end in Magic Shell and sprinkle with extra coconut.