We love cookies around our house, but sometimes I don’t feel like making them from scratch and don’t have a mix. So what do you do? You use a cake mix! Yep, that’s right! You can use a cake mix to make COOKIES! It’s really easy and they turn out really good. You can make them as a sandwich (like I did) or they can be flat cookies with or without frosting on top. We like to make the sandwiches around here. You can mix and match flavors. My favorite I’ve made so far were Pillsbury Orangesicle with matching frosting or Pink Lemondade…the kids loved those! The picture above is a white cake mix with Funfetti frosting in Blue Aqua Vanilla. You can really mix any flavor cookie and frosting! Make them fun and colorful! That makes them taste better!
The best part of making these sandwich cookies (for me at least) is they can go into the kids lunches without making a mess, getting smooshed or sticking to anything! Everyone loves them and the kids BEG for me to put one in their lunch!
Cake Mix Cookie Sandwiches
adapted from Pillsbury
Makes 12 Sandwich cookies or 24 individual cookies
- Box Cake Mix (any flavor)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup Oil
- Frosting (to compliment cake mix)
- Sprinkles *optional*
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl mix Cake Mix, eggs and oil until well mixed.
- Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Scoop out about 1 Tbs of mixture and make a ball. Place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until cookies are slightly browned on the bottom and light golden brown on top.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Spread a thick layer of frosting onto one cookie bottom and gently place another cookie on top.
- If wanted, roll the edges of frosting in sprinkles or colored sugar.