I open the freezer, I have 1lb of ground beef and about 20 minutes until we need to eat. What do I do?
Create something magical!
Okay, maybe it isn’t a unicorn or anything, but it’s yummy and simple and dirt cheap to make! This is one of those things I make when I have limited ingredients, no money to go grocery shopping and want something yummy and quick. Shepherd’s Pie…but in a cupcake form. I always say everything tastes better as a cupcake…this is no different!
Shepherd’s Pie Cupcakes
- 1lb Ground Beef
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom soup (If you don’t have cream of mushroom, you can use cream of potato or whatever cream of xxx you have on hand, but mushroom tastes best)
- Roll of refrigerator biscuits
- Mashed potatoes (You can make them from scratch or instant, whatever works best for you)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground beef and drain fat. I normally also rinse the meat just to get rid of the excess fat.
- Mix your soup with the ground beef. Set aside.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Roll out each biscuit to make a larger, flat circle.
- Press into each opening in the muffin tin.
- Fill with a spoonful of your meat mixture.
- Bake until biscuits are golden brown around the edges.
- Meanwhile, make your mashed potatoes.
- Remove muffin tin from oven. Set aside.
- Place mashed potatoes in a ziplock bag and cut off one corner.
- Pipe the mashed potatoes onto the top of the muffins.